Saturday, December 4, 2010

Review: Viewsonic VEB 620 --two thumbs down

Review: Viewsonic VEB 620 (video):
"Reading Experience

This e-reader is slow. It’s the kind of slowness that would be tolerated in 2008, but I won’t in 2010 because I have other options. The screen is not the cause; IMO the software needs work. You have to press and hold a button and wait for it to respond. If you’re in a menu, you can’t press the down arrow several times; it will only respond to the first press.

The VEB 620 is okay to hold one handed, but with the slow page turns I abandoned it pretty quickly.

Opinion

This e-reader cost me $99, and it’s not as good as other you can find at that price. Augen The Book is better, and the Ectaco Jetbook and Aluratek Libre are just as good."

With video to back up a tough review, I can't see why anyone would buy this thing. I might get one for $40-$50 as a backup or just to mess around with. My old eBookwise is better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment