Thursday, December 9, 2010

Picking the Next Trilogy to read - THE EVOLUTIONARY VOID by Peter F. Hamilton

MostlyFiction Book Reviews - THE EVOLUTIONARY VOID by Peter F. Hamilton:
"Hamilton’s imagination and the scope of his Commonwealth Universe is the best I’ve read so far, and that includes Asimov’s Foundation series and Brin’s Uplift War. I’m just sorry the story is over. I hope he writes more stories in this incredible universe. I feel like I just lost a best friend now that it’s over. The Void trilogy could not possibly be told in fewer pages (each volume is more than 640 pages). They are well worth the investment."

The Void Trilogy has shown up everywhere good sci-fi is discussed on the net. I don't know if I should start with the Void Trilogy (Dreaming, Temporal, Evolutionary) or the Commonwealth Saga (Misspent Youth, Pandora, Judas)

The Wertzone: Misspent Youth by Peter F. Hamilton:
"Overall, not his best work and at times rather dull, but the scene-setting for The Commonwealth Saga makes Misspent Youth (***) worth reading."

And of course the first trilogy sets the scene for the second trilogy. Its decisions like these that keep some books in the middle of the pile.

Also, I'll take shopping for books by reading reviews and following links over walking the aisles of a bookstore any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment