Sunday, October 3, 2010

What I Think About Atlas Shrugged and a Yogurt Scenario- John Scalzi

The best (and funniest) analysis of Ayn Rand and her wacky arguments for laissez faire capitalism I've read.

Atlas ShruggedWhat I Think About Atlas Shrugged - Whatever:

"In the wake of the “Objectivist Jerky” crack I made earlier in the week, I was asked by a friend of mine to share my thoughts on Atlas Shrugged with the general public. I suspect this friend then went off to make herself some popcorn in preparation for the presumed inevitable mind-losing that will occur in the comments. That’s what I am to you people: cheap entertainment. Well, fine."

Scalzi couldn't get the yogurt idea out of his head so he wrote a short story about it. Scalzi's point that if you make up a pretend universe with perfect straw men you can prove any philosophical or political point.

When the Yogurt Took Over: A Short Story - Whatever

No comments:

Post a Comment