Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hugo Nominees: 1955 | Tor.com | Science fiction and fantasy | Blog posts

Hugo Awards logoHugo Nominees: 1955 | Tor.com | Science fiction and fantasy | Blog posts:
"There’s a kind of a trick fannish trivial pursuit question which is “Which is the worst book ever to win the Hugo?” The answer is They’d Rather Be Right, by Mark Clifton and Frank Riley, 1955’s winner. I don’t know if the book deserves this reputation because I have not read it, because when absolutely everybody tells me that the jar contains marmelade all the way down, I don’t feel compelled to take the lid off. I have never heard a good word for this book"

The gauntlet has been thrown down and I must pick it up. I've got some library books on my plate right now so I'll probably get to it in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment