Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pat's Fantasy Hotlist: Shadowrise

Shadowmarch: Shadowmarch: Volume IPat's Fantasy Hotlist: Shadowrise:
"Williams is a notorious slow starter, no question about it. Both Shadowmarch and Shadowplay suffered from bouts of sluggish rhythm, and I was wondering when the tale would kick into high gear. Not so with Shadowrise, which moves at a fluid pace throughout. Indeed, this could be the Tad Williams work featuring the best rhythm to date. Which bodes well for the forthcoming Shadowheart. The end game promises no dull moments from start to finish!"


There is nothing better than coming across complete series. I've read (and thoroughly enjoyed) Memory, Sorrow and Thorn and Otherland and in both cases waited impatiently for each new novel to hit the shelves. I don't know why I passed on the Shadowmarch series when it started six years ago, but I'm glad that I can now pick up the entire series and go through it in one go.

No comments:

Post a Comment