Saturday, November 27, 2010

The eBook Haters Meme - Big Dumb Object - appropriately named

The eBook Haters Meme - Big Dumb Object

The guy reads a book on a tiny cellphone screen and comes to the conclusion that reading e-books is crappy. Duh.

Plus the form of a paperback book is far superior to current eBook readers, they’re small, portable, zero-boot time, you can drop them on the floor, put mugs of tea on top, generally not care about their safety, flick back and forwards etc. etc.


My e-reader boots practically instantaneously and I can jump to the paragraph I left off at immediately. I've found picking up where I left off much faster than with a paperback.
Being able to destroy a book by putting hot or cold drinks on top of them seems like a silly thing to find pleasure in.

At least the argument that an e-book should be cheaper than a paperback makes sense. Can't say the same for the rest of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment