Monday, February 14, 2011

Craig Epad Android tablet now available at Zellers - $149Cdn

Craig Epad Android tablet now available at Zellers | The Digital Reader:
"The Canadian discount chain Zellers are how selling an Android tablet. The Epad CMP 738a has a 7″ (800�480) screen, microSD card slot, Wifi, speaker, microphone, and an accelerometer. It’s running Android v2.1 on a 700MHz dual core CPU."

I'm tempted to lace up my boots and get over to Zellers ASAP. After looking at the Slatedroid posts I think I'll wait a bit. First off there is no mention of the battery capacity: I'd rather have a 4200mA battery with 4-8 hours of use than a 1500mA battery with 90 min of use. User comments will settle that score.
The picture in the attached PDF looks a bit familiar. It might be a variant of the Apad 710 Rockchip 600MHz android 2.1 found at merimobiles.com.