Monday, February 14, 2011

Craig Epad Android tablet now available at Zellers - $149Cdn

Craig Epad Android tablet now available at Zellers | The Digital Reader:
"The Canadian discount chain Zellers are how selling an Android tablet. The Epad CMP 738a has a 7″ (800�480) screen, microSD card slot, Wifi, speaker, microphone, and an accelerometer. It’s running Android v2.1 on a 700MHz dual core CPU."

I'm tempted to lace up my boots and get over to Zellers ASAP. After looking at the Slatedroid posts I think I'll wait a bit. First off there is no mention of the battery capacity: I'd rather have a 4200mA battery with 4-8 hours of use than a 1500mA battery with 90 min of use. User comments will settle that score.
The picture in the attached PDF looks a bit familiar. It might be a variant of the Apad 710 Rockchip 600MHz android 2.1 found at merimobiles.com.

2 comments:

  1. The box claims up to 6 hours of battery life with continuous use. We're testing it out today and tomorrow to see how that claim measures up with reality :o-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Zellers today to take a look at the Epad. I didn't run a powered tablet but I did read the manual cover to cover. A decent enough battery (2400mA as I recall) It claimed 3 hrs video, or 3 hrs e-reading (wah?) or 6 hours music.
    I had the cash in my pocket, but decided to put off buying until I was reasonably sure that there was going to be a tinkering community out there to help solve any problems. Needless to say seeing a comment to my post (thanks Skye) may have convinced me to go back to Zellers tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete