Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Diane Duane on e-book self-publishing and quality | TeleRead: News and views on e-books, libraries, publishing and related topics

Diane Duane on e-book self-publishing and quality | TeleRead: News and views on e-books, libraries, publishing and related topics:
"And then of course there’s the issue of where to get electronic texts to correct for books that were originally, you know, typed on paper. …What, scan them? In my thousands of hours of spare time? I don’t think so. Why do that when various well-intentioned people have over time scanned my earliest books, sometimes even run them through several people to proof them, and then made them available via P2P? So I borrowed those texts back, thank you very much, and used them for my basic documents. (And in all cases, they still needed to be corrected. Sometimes the people doing the original scanning were none too sure of what a word meant, or how to spell it. I fortunately don’t have this problem.)"

Free books for proofers!

No comments:

Post a Comment