Tuesday, April 12, 2011

RIP: Ebookwise-1150 - I'm not dead yet!

RIP: Ebookwise-1150 | The Digital Reader:
"Fictionwise quietly retired the world’s longest running e-reader some time in the last couple months. You can still buy ebooks, but the hardware is no longer listed. It’s a pity that they didn’t announce it because it truly deserved an obituary."

Mine still holds a very good charge. I'll be using it when the battery on my tablet dies out and I still want to read. Its a physical reminder of how far the tablet still has to go: instant on, visible in pitch black or a bright sunny day. Simple effective markup.
While it may be gone its still the yardstick that the "new" technology has yet to measure up.
Now excuse me while I go play Angry Birds on the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment