Friday, May 21, 2010

Eken M003 - 8-inch Android tablet - $230


For some reason the most popular blog post so far has been my note about the Eken M001 Android WIFI Tablet. It though its profile was close to what I was looking for in my next e-book reader. Unfortunately the battery life was a real problem. The price ($125 Cdn.), however, made it really tempting.


The Eken M003, the follow-up to the M001, solves one problem: at $236 US it is no longer tempting. It still has Android, but runs version 1.5 (Cupcake). This is not a good sign. I'm not sure if the bigger 8-inch touchscreen is a plus if I want to be able to read without having to hold it with two hands.

Its also butt-ugly.

If you are brave you can get one at ChinaGrabber.com. Let me know how it works out.


Android MID shocker! Eken M003 gets 8-inch display, $230 price tag (video) -- Engadget:

No comments:

Post a Comment