Sunday, May 12, 2013

Meet Earl, the Back-Country Android Tablet With a 6" E-ink Screen - The Digital Reader



Meet Earl, the Back-Country Android Tablet With a 6" E-ink Screen - The Digital Reader
:
the screen on the Earl is flexible, making it much more likely to survive rough treatment. This screen is also equipped with a frontlight and a glove/pointer friendly IR touchscreen.

And that’s not all. Earl can also double as a weather station – and then some. It’s equipped with a magnetometer, thermometer, barometer, humidity sensor, and an anemometer. Other sensors include GLONASS, an accelerometer, a gyroscope, and an IR blaster for communicating with other gadgets.

Plus it can recharge itself with the solar panel conveniently mounted on the back.
This tablet is awesome.

I'm on my second tablet and I'm a bit disappointed by how fragile they feel. My first e-reader, the eBookwise, had a rugged form factor that I miss. My third tablet will probably be something like the Earl. Even the lanyard makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment