Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This is a news website article about a scientific finding | Martin Robbins | Science | guardian.co.uk - very funny

This is a news website article about a scientific finding | Martin Robbins | Science | guardian.co.uk

This is a blog re-post of an article that makes fun of the shallow science journalism often found on some of the web`s more popular news sites. I quote a bit I found interesting, but add nothing of substance to the conversation.

I will then briefly state how many years the scientist spent leading the study, to reinforce the fact that this is a serious study and worthy of being published by the BBC the website.

This is a sub-heading that gives the impression I am about to add useful context.

Here I will state that whatever was being researched was first discovered in some year, presenting a vague timeline in a token gesture toward establishing context for the reader.

To pad out this section I will include a variety of inane facts about the subject of the research that I gathered by Googling the topic and reading the Wikipedia article that appeared as the first link.

No comments:

Post a Comment