Thursday, March 25, 2010

My ebookwise 1150

Besides visiting my local library, I get most of my reading material over the net and read it on my ebook reader.

I bought this ebookwise reader back in October 2007. It was an old product even before I picked it up on eBay from kascarlett for $120 US. I've been using it practically every day since then and the battery is still in good shape; it still holds a 15 hour charge.

You can learn more about the reader and its online services at www.ebookwise.com.

I has a back-lit 5.5” diagonal 4-bit grayscale LCD touch screen, 8Mb internal memory and supports up to 128Mb on a Smartmedia card.

If you want more details about the ebookwise and all ebook reader-related matters you should visit wiki.mobileread.com. It had the depth to provide the technical details I needed to recalibrate my ebookwise. It also keeps up to date with the latest products.

My most compelling critereon when I first purchased the ebookwise was the price. I wanted something inexpensive so that I wouldn't be too upset if it got lost, stolen or damaged. If I was going to replace it today the most likely candidate would be the Delstar OpenBook E-Book Reader available at Walgreens's for $95.

I'm keeping my eyes open and I'll pass on what I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment